Sunday, July 1, 2007

Too much STUFF.

So it's getting to be about that time for me to select from my thirteen art prints which ones make the final cut and will be put on my bedroom walls. I have thirteen prints and I love them all, but virtually none of them go together. My favorites (that are framed) are:A framed print of van Gogh's Starry Night, which isn't going up because it's about to be replaced with a larger, obscenely expensive stretched canvas.Two small black and white photographs I bought in Berkeley that are somehow put onto a piece of plywood. One is of the San Francisco Bridge, the other is of birds flying past an archway.A painting I bought in Venice Beach. I use the term 'painting' loosely. It was made with spraypaint, newspaper, and a putty knife. I ended up talking with the painter, an illegal from El Salvador, for an hour and then bought my orange and black 'Halloween' painting.Edvard Munch's The Scream, in a beautiful cherrywood frame, double-matted in burgundy and gold.None of this goes together. Not even a little. And my favorite print of all isn't even framed, because it's so big it will have to be custom. I have about 6 other pieces lying around that will not go up on my walls.On top of all this artwork, there are my books. Oh God, my books... at last count I had over 250. They're everywhere. I swear they reproduce when I'm not looking. When did I get so much... stuff?