Saturday, September 1, 2007

Hercules ain't got nothin' on these kids.

I have two new heroes. They are ages 9 and 10, and they earned the designation ‘hero’ after each battled with the vicious arcade game in which you use a weak little claw to grab a stuffed animal. They came away victorious, and awarded me an overstuffed giraffe and a fuzzy purple pig, keeping a silver giraffe and yellow mouse for themselves. One of my heroes fell asleep in the backseat of my car on the ride home, exhausted by his encounter with the stuffed animal machine.My prizes are now sitting on my bed, on my 600 thread count pillowcases. The combatants have run back into my bedroom twice to check that I still have them on my bed. The purple pig is shedding fuzz on my pillows, but it is still there, and will stay there, along with the potbellied giraffe.