Saturday, September 1, 2007

Warm and fuzzy? Try cold and spiky.

So I was informed today that I need to be more cuddly with my coworkers. And that I need to stop using big words that make people feel stupid. Ok, first up, I don't do cuddly except under certain conditions. Second, why is it my fault that others' vocabularies are limited? Can't we put a positive spin on this? Think of me as the office Word-of-the-Day calendar. "Jess, it's Tuesday, what's the word?" "Anathema. Something no one likes. Me, apparently."Some people just take a little work to get to know... and I'm really not there to make friends anyway. I'm there to work. All of my clients love me, to the point of writing my higher-ups to say so. I do not see the problem here. I just see a lot of people that don't know how to deal with someone who's a little different. Dammit.Anyway, speaking of my being a little different, let's talk about the poor guys that got saddled up with me via eHarmony. There are too many of the same initials now so I've switched to nicknames. I can't believe I'm getting paid for this... Anyway, nicknames. We have:"The Cop" (Seems nice enough, and he has a picture with Dana White. If you don't know who that is, you are anathema)"Mr MMA" (Very attractive. Knows he is very attractive. Very much an ass)"The White Philipino" (I swear this guy is not white, even though he claims that racial designation)"The Banker" (Life's goal? Win the Lotto)"The Traveler" (Has like 4 different workplaces, including one in Alaska)"Mr Biceps" (Another cop)"The Karate Kid" (Owns some martial arts studio)"The Photographer" (Has two chihuahuas, which makes me doubt his sexuality.)"The Volunteer" (Just started talking to him, my only Tucson contender)Then of course we have N, who is apparently not interested, perhaps because I really would need a stepladder to hang out with him. There is also P, who I met without eHarmony's help, and who I cannot get off my back.Too many...