Saturday, September 1, 2007

Yaaaay, new book!

I’m in a much better mood than I was for my previous post. Mainly because the evil cheating woman who is causing so many issues has discovered that karma really will come back around to bite you in the ass. Bwahahahaaaaa… Anyway, I’ve had a hellish week of work, and I’m looking forward to the weekend. Mostly, I am looking forward to getting my hair highlighted again so it stops looking so grown out and raggedy. Other than that, not much to talk about, except my new book I’m reading: “Good Omens” by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It’s about Armageddon. It’s hilarious. Let me quote from the back of the book:“The armies of Good and Evil are amassing and everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except that a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the coming Rapture. And someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist”.So. Fricking. Funny. Neil Gaiman is an author who was introduced to me by a now ex-boyfriend. I had looked at “Good Omens”, “Neverwhere” and “American Gods”, but when I flipped through the books, nothing really seemed to grab me, and I always just put them back on the shelf… Then went back to flip through them again when I couldn’t find a new book I wanted. Jeff bought me “American Gods” for Christmas one year, so I kind of had to read it. He’d read it and kept asking me about it, so finally I sat down with it… and loved it. “Good Omens” is equally entertaining, and “Neverwhere” is now officially on my book list.