Monday, October 1, 2007

Alcoholism rant...

I have a penchant for alcoholics. Why, I do not know, because I always leave them, screaming “GET SOBER”. If I got sober, they can do it too. It’s really not that hard. Want to know how I did it? Every time someone offered me something alcoholic in nature, I said “no, thank you”. See? Easy. And I was a serious little drunkie. Anyway, now I’m trying to avoid the ones who drink too much. I’ve got a lot of experience with drinkers, and I’m tired of it.My ex fianc�e showed up at my workplace drunk once, back when I worked at a Tucson grocery store. It was midnight and he staggered in, having broken his promise to me not to drink and drive. I took his keys from him, pitched them in the bushes and let him spend a half hour in the dark trying to find them. At least he was appropriately apologetic the next day. Eventually, he fell off the wagon and started drinking heavily again. Then he would call to scream profanities at me and tell me I was cheating. And then I left him.Then there was P, who got wasted one night and, while I was driving us home, stuck his face in my cleavage, then tried to get out of the moving vehicle. While we were on the freeway. Seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess.Also J, who had an excellent job in finance. He woke up in the middle of the night/early hours of the morning puking many a time, while I shouted “I TOLD you, you IDIOT,” from the bedroom. I glowered at him over the breakfast table the next morning. “I can’t believe I am stranded here with you for another 48 hours”.Finally, and most recently, there was A, who was the worst of all. Great job, great money, constantly drinking. He came back from Vegas with alcohol poisoning. We went out for his friend’s birthday and he was laying there half dead the next day. He regularly picked me up on Sundays hung over and nauseous. The final straw was the day we were moving all his things into his new apartment. I was getting to the end of my rope with him, and the rope finally snapped when I had to move half his things in myself, and clean the whole place myself, because he was in the bathroom throwing up repeatedly, when he had promised me the night before he would only have one drink.That’s my problem with drinkers. They will look you in the eye and flat out lie to you.